Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day




Well to all the moms out there Happy Mother's Day. I had to add a picture of my baby Belle! Can't figure out how to make it upright but you can still see how cute she is! It is a day to celebrate the wonderful women in our lives that we call Mom. I honored my mother by turning on some Michael Bolton as I drove home from Mohegan Sun. It is hard to experience this day without thinking about my last Mother's day with my mom. I remember it well because my brother and father were away for a race and I was home with my Mom caring for her. It was the first time that I got her to try Thai food, and she quite liked it. It was also the day that a young mom from Waltham died suddenly leaving four young children. I remember seeing my moms face when I told her, and how sad she felt "for those kids." Little did I know that a month from that day, I would lose my mother. This was also the Mother's day that my wonderful friends created a book for her in which they shared stories with her and just told her how special she was to all of them. It is still a book that I read often, and it meant so much to her and to me. This is a difficult time of year because you cannot help but think about difficult times that came for my mother that month. If I knew what we were in store for, I probably would have stayed home that night hanging out with my mom, but she knew that I was still just a 23 year old and she made sure that I was able to go out with my friends and have some fun. I cannot believe that it will soon be five years without having my mother here with us. It does not feel real, and in a way I hope that it never does. I do have a mother, she is wonderful, and funny and at times a real pain in the you know what, but she is my mother and will always be. So Happy Mother's Day Mom!!!




I was able to spend last night at a craps table with some girlfriends for Tiff's bachelorette party. We were lucky enough to start up at a table at the right time and a wonderful man which we will call "shooter" shot the dice for over an hour winning us rambunctous ladies quite a bit of money. We had a ball and I wish I could post more pictures, but there are only a few that Tiff would approve of. Have a great start of the week and I hope everyone was able to catch the Sox comeback against the Orioles today. Felt alot like 2004!!

1 comment:

Kyla said...

Hey Jods - Was thinking of you and Betty Lou yesterday. Hope you're doing well. Belle is so cute, I need to see her before she gets too big.

Love, Ky