Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Happy Valentines Day to all. As I sit here on my comfy couch on this fantastic snow day, I figured I would be somewhat productive and update my friends about my triathlon training. First of all, I am already halfway to my fundraising mark and am looking forward to once again, surpassing that number. I had my first training last Saturday at Simmons College. It was rather nerve wracking, about 100 people, with our pasty white skin, trying to squeeze into our bathing suits and caps. We basically jumped in and had a swimming test. Had to swim one length of the pool while the mentors and coach watched us and told us which lane to swim in. I was told lane 4 and quickly realized that it was the super duper "competitive" lane. Not having ever been a "competitive" swimmer, I felt a bit out of place, but I totally faked it. We learned some interesting drills to help us move more freely through the water. Since we had to fit about 7 people in a lane, I was trying to be careful not to injure any of my teammates by kicking my gangly legs. All in all it was a productive first training session. Hopefully I will learn some more drills so that I can amp up the swimming since I know I am not so much "competitive" when it comes to running.
My team is quite an ecclectic group of people, and I am looking forward to getting to know them better and to add people to my TNT family.

No comments: