Friday, March 16, 2007

Its a Nor-Eastah!!!

On this eve of St. Paddy's Day, I look out the window to the falling snow and think "THANK GOD I DON'T HAVE TO RUN TOMORROW!" My team was supposed to get together for a run in the morning, and I was getting ready to go out and pretend that I was ready for the 5-6 miles that we were supposed to run. I have not exactly been too good about running because my knees are still mad at me about the last 4 marathons. Now I can just go to the gym and get back on the treadmill.

This week was a success health and physical wise. Monday was a lifting day, Tuesday I swam a mile in the morning before work. Wednesday I "ran" and I use that term loosely. I ventured out to "the fells" as the medford folk call it. It is a large wooded area that is in Medfore and Winchester. It is pretty impressive with tons of trains, and lots of people mountain biking. It will be nice on the knees because it is all dirt paths. However the other day it was pretty muddy so I just kept sinking. Thursday I went to the gym to do some spinning, and ended up in a small room with 3 seventy year olds that were playing chess and ping pong. It was rather weird and I kept fearing a fall off of the bike, because the men were playing Forrest Gump style and kept randomly screaming out. Anyways it was back to the pool this morning for a mile swim. It took be about 38 minutes to do a mile. I have no idea if that is good or not, but I just started working on my speed. It took me a while this morning to get into the groove, but that could have been due to the guy thrashing beside me in my lane. I think he was attempting the butterfly stroke, pretty strange. I try not to judge, but those who wear speedos for fun scare me.

Well I hope everyone has a nice weekend. Enjoy your St. Paddy's Day, and be safe! I'll be at Patty's wedding, hopefully to enjoy some cocktails and maybe pretend that I am an Irish step dancer.

No comments: