Tuesday, April 17, 2007

111th Boston Marathon

I want to congratulate all those who completed yesterdays Boston Marathon. IT was pretty miserable weather, but despite the rain, the wind, and the cold temperatures there were many who accomplished a great feat all in a days work. I went out to the top of heartbreak hill with the rest of the Team in Training, and got to see some old friends and coaches. There we cheered on the many purples shirts passing by. There were not many that seemed to be loving life, but they all finished and I am very proud of them. It was especially nice to see a few of my old teammates, Steve and Amanda running with my mothers name on the back of their shirts. I have to admit I did miss it just a little bit. Who knows, there is always next year. I do not however miss not being able to go down stairs, or to sit down on the toilet without yelling out a little bit. After cheering along with Uta Pippig all day (she was across the street from us all day) I was pretty tired. Heather and I decided to suck it up and go to a spin class last night. I have to say the girl kicked our little butts. As she was telling us to turn up resistance, I was looking at her like she had 9 heads. I could barely pedal it was so tough but she kept telling us to push it, so I did. Then when it was time to match her cadence, I nearly fell off the bike trying. When she then told us that it was time to sprint, I looked at Heather and said "What were we just doing?!?!" All in all a good workout. I am hoping to make this week of school vacation a productive one at the gym. Since it is still raining here for about the 5th day straight I am feeling the Spring time blues. Belle and I are both sick, so today will be filled with rest and some chic flix i'm sure.
A special prayer to all the families and friends of those affected by the killings at Virginia Tech. Hopefully there are some bright sunny skies ahead.
Congrats to my friends who kicked butt yesterday on the 111th Boston marathon:
Steve, Amanda, Brendan, Melissa, Katherine, Jill(qualified), Jason (qualified), Sara(qualified), Kevin, Sean, Rubsy and Doyle.

No comments: