Friday, April 27, 2007

Danskin Danskin Danskin, she's a danskin machine


This week was all about getting back into things. At work it was like we were never gone, and I had to get back into things there. I am pretty lucky that I was sick last week during vacation and did not have to take off any days, or suffer through working sick. I also got some good workouts in as well. Heather and I had a swim off at the pool and she pretends to suck at swimming, but I was doing by best so that she would not lap me. I have been focusing more running and did a bike run a few mornings. I am feeling like the bike part may be the hardest. I stressed myself out this week thinking about getting a road bike. I just cannot swing it right now. When I went to the store and told them that my budget was between 6 and 800 dollars, they laughed at me. I am thinking I will suck it up for this triathlon and if I really end up doing the half ironman then I will invest in a bike and have to sell my hybrid. Although the hybrid is perfect for riding around the beach and making quick jaunts to Kelly's. The TEAM is meeting tomorrow morning for an outside bike ride. I am looking forward to this, as well as my friend Kim's dedication to her Grampy who passed away last week. Hoping to then make it to the Relay for Life in Bedford. A friend from work runs it and there are lots of coworkers as well as students and their families attending. There will be a lap in honor or our friend and colleague John Kim at 3. I may miss that because I am off to cater at 4 but will certainly be thinking of him then. Hope everyone has a nice weekend and GO SOX!

Right after I posted this I signed up for the Danskin women's triathlon in July. I did not think I was going to make it because of the 9 weddings I have this summer, but luckily the wedding that weekend is on a Friday and the tri is on a Sunday. Looking forward to this. I think a fair amount of people from my team will be partaking as well so that will be fun. Oh and its a short one!

No comments: