Sunday, April 15, 2007

When it rains it pours!

As I realize that my last post was pretty negative, I will do my best to make this one a little more positive. Ally's service on Thursday was beautiful, and very difficult. Father Kilroy made a wonderful sermon in which he spoke about how bittersweet the day was, which is what I felt exactly. After coming home, I got a call from my colleague Heather, that our counselor at school and friend, Mr. Kim had passed away earlier that day. Mr. Kim was a gentle, comical husband and father. He was only 33 and just had two beautiful twins with his wife Stacy in July. He will be missed by many, and the LABBB community will certainly miss his presence. After that phone call my grandfather called to tell me that my grandmother was being rushed to the hospital. So I b-lined it to Mt. Auburn and hung with her for about 6 hours. She shattered her shoulder, and was in alot of pain. I did some reiki on her in the ER and that seemed to help calm her a bit. She was operated on yesterday while I was catering, but the surgery went well and hopefully she will get off to a rehab soon to get back to normalcy.

At yesterdays practice Heather had the idea to dedicate the practice to Mr. Kim. So I spoke for a few minutes about Ally a nd Mr. Kim and then we got into the pool. Practice was fun, we all started in the little pool and practiced what it would be like at the start. We were told to crowd eachother and just to block our heads. All in all a nice practice. I am going to take Belle to the beach today since I am a single parent this weekend. While Bri is off in New Orleans on the bachelor party I am home taming Belle.

I want to wish all the Boston Marathon runners good luck as they take on the toughest 26.2 miles around. Not to mention the course, it will also be raining sideways. My dad and I are still planning on getting out to as many spots as possible and I look forward to it.

No comments: