Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Panic

The weekend came and went, and was pretty much a blur with Belle. She is doing fantastic and is now sleeping through the night without whining. We are actually home right now waiting for a doggy day care to come and meet us and hopefully take her. That way she will be with other dogs and playing for about 5 hours a day, they pick her up and drop her off and its the same price as a half hour dog walk. Wish her luck!!!

So yesterday morning I made it over to the pool before work. As I was swimming and practicing some drills like the switch kick (it helps us to use our legs less since we have to then use our legs to bike and then run) its a little weird, but I am getting used to it. So I had the whole lane to myself for a bit, which is unusual. Then the dreaded man that I cannot stand, (he hogs the lane and is rude) came and just had to join my lane. Great. So as I am trying to get out of his way, I swam into the lane divider and my hand hit it so hard that my mothers ring that she gave me before she died, broke off. Originally I just felt my hand hurt so I stopped in my tracks, then I look at my hand and notice that the ring was gone. I legitimately had a short panic attack, then realized it couldn't be far. I stuck my head into the water and dove down the 20 feet to the bottom of the pool and there it was. PHEW!!! So I now have it taped on because I dont trust anyone, or my luck. So I am going to hopefully leave it on until I make it to the jewelers to get it fixed. Crisis Diverted!!!!!!

Okay I am going to get going, and hopefully Belle gets picked to go wtih the group today!!

Very excited about the upcoming fundraiser. I know lots of people are away visiting family for various Holidays, but if you are around feel free to come by. Erin was able to donate 4 right field roof table tickets. We are going to raffle two of them a piece so that two people can be big winners, for the April 14th, a Friday night game.

A big group of us is once again making it to Opening Day at Fenway this year. We will not be sitting on top of the bull pen like last year, so I don't think that Timlin and I will have words, but you just never know. And this year I do not have to behave (aka have no beers) because I do not have the marathon a week later! yay!!!

No comments: