Thursday, April 12, 2007

Think Happy Thoughts

Today is going to be a tough day, as Ally is being laid to rest today. I look forward to Father Kilroy's sermon, for I know he will help to bring us some of the peace that Ally seemed to have when I saw her last night. As I made it through the line yesterday, Ally's mom and dad said to me "we know she is there with Betty Lou" and my reply was "good for them, they are happy and we are left down here to deal with all of this." I think they may have appreciated my honesty, but truly it is so tough for those of us who are left behind. It does not get easier, people who say that lie. You just have to be thankful for the passing breeze that may give you a feeling or goosebumps, or a passing by in a dream, or when someone says your name and it sounds like your loved one, and for that split second you forget what its like to be living without the one that you love, because for that minute you felt they were there. Those are the moments that help us get to the next day. So since I know this day is truly going to suck, I am going to post a happy picture of two of my favorite things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jody hang in there, I've been thinking of you!!